ACHIEVE Math Job Description
Position Titles: ACHIEVE Math Facilitator
Reports To: Program Director
Mission Statement: At Girls Place, we empower girls to grow courageous, strong and self sufficient. We inspire our girls to celebrate themselves—their minds, their hearts, and their physical well being.
Supervises: Girls Place members
Job Summary: The ACHIEVE Math Facilitator is a grant funded part-time position and is responsible for creating, planning and implementing an individualized, researched-based math curriculum to identified members at Girls Place. Facilitators take all opportunities to nurture positive experiences for the girls and work closely with other program and administrative staff to make this possible.
Salary Range: $8.50/hour-$10.00/hour (dependent on experience and education level)
- Previous experience with youth is recommended and previous planning experience preferred.
- Previous teaching, tutoring, mentoring experience in MATH preferred.
- Position requires reference checks and an FDLE Level II background screening.
- Early Learning Coalition (ELC) School Readiness and DCF Child Care Training required within 90 days of employment. The financial responsibility for the courses falls on the employee.
- Effective communication with coworkers and supervisors, both written and verbal, is required.
- Adaptability is required given limited meeting space
- Weekday afternoons with your pre- identified math groups.
- Late morning and early afternoon hours to prepare lesson plans; specific hours to be determined based on need and personal schedule (Total hours are limited to 20 hours per week); including school holidays
- Part-Time during the 10 week summer day camp program
- Dedicated to House Rules and promoting a positive environment to fulfill Girls Place’s mission
- Ensure a safe environment for the girls
- Adhere to and reinforce standards set forth by the Florida Department of Children and Families and Early Learning Coalition
- Maintain a clean and healthy facility
- Create structure and organization in planning and implementing curriculum
- Manage group behavior and resolve conflict as needed
- Train counselors to support girls in math skills
- Attending weekly Team Meetings and Staff Development meetings
- Additional tasks as assigned by supervisors
All employees of Girls Place are expected to demonstrate a commitment to:
- Promoting diversity and equality
- Professional ethics and standards
- Flexibility and teamwork
- Protection of confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, carry, push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds of materials and at times lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of equipment.