Thank you for your interest in serving your community through Girls Place Athletics. Volunteers are an essential part of our success – we couldn’t do it without you! Not only does volunteering benefit our girls, families, and programs – it also benefits the community and individuals like you who dedicate their time and energy to enriching the lives of our girls!
We are always looking for parents, relatives, or just anyone who has a passion to coach our girls. Here at Girls Place, we rely on our coaches to provide a nurturing and enriching learning environment while coaching. We want to teach our girls how to play sports – starting with a solid foundation of the fundamentals while gradually implementing new skills and challenging them throughout the season.
Head Coaches must be 18 or older and have experience (playing,coaching,etc.) in the sport you are interested in coaching. Coaches under the age of 18 must be approved by that Athletic Director in advance. Coaches must have a passion and dedication to coaching our girls for the duration of the season that they are assigned.
As of January 1, 2015 all of our volunteers are required to complete the following steps:
- Complete a volunteer application
- After your application is reviewed and accepted you will be contacted regarding future steps.
- Complete our online volunteer orientation
- Sign an Affidavit of Good Moral Character and have it notarized by Girls Place staff
- Submit and successfully pass a Level 2 FDLE background check (Information will be provided once application is approved)
- The purpose of these background checks is, first and foremost, to protect our girls, families, volunteers and staff. Volunteers are responsible for paying for their background screening. (Screenings are valid for 5 years and allow you to volunteer in all capacities at Girls Place).