Driver Job Description
Position Titles: Driver
Reports To: Program Director
Mission Statement: Girls Place, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering girls of all racial, religious and economic backgrounds to GROW confident, strong, and independent in order to thrive in the world around them.
Supervises: Children on vehicles
Job Summary: Skilled work in the operation of light and heavy school buses in transporting girls to and from Girls Place, Inc.
- High school diploma, GED, or experience required
- Active Class A, B, or C CDL
- Ability to pass a physical examination as required by the State of Florida
- Complete requirements for a licensed child care facility 12 hour Office of Early Learning prior to employment and 40 hours of Department of Children and Families within 6 months of employment
- First Aid/CPR required
- Pass Level II Background Screening
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations, and precautions of the necessary to avoid accidents.
- Ability to operate a vehicle in a safe and economical manner
Hours Required: Approximately 20-25 hours per week; more hours offered during the summer program
Salary Range: $11-14 per hour
- Transport students from schools to the Girls Place, following a pre-planned route according to a time schedule.
- Drive bus carefully and in compliance with traffic regulations.
- Assume responsibility for the safety of children in loading, unloading, and transporting them to and from the Girls Place.
- Instruct children in safety precautions and practices.
- Maintain discipline; report unruly behavior to Program Director.
- Inspect and sweep bus daily
- Report delays and accidents immediately
- Keep operational records
- Report defects with vehicle to Program Director
- Assure bus meets regular maintenance schedules.
- Perform related work as required.
All employees of Girls Place are expected to demonstrate a commitment to:
- Promoting diversity and equality
- Professional ethics and standards
- Flexibility and teamwork
- Protection of confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, carry, push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds of materials and at times lift and/or move up to 25 pounds of equipment.